Thursday, October 15, 2015

Joan cake

Joan cake - This one was for my second mom. It was last minute and I didn't have a lot of time, so it had to be simple, but I wanted it to reflect her. I remember her swearing at all of the pods that would fall off her tree. We used to use them as light sabers for our Star Wars games or guns for Charlie's Angels. .....I know....that dates me. :-) There was always beautiful music in the air when you went to her house because she plays her baby grand piano like an angel. We would shuck and freeze corn that we grew ourselves every year. On the other side is her cat Milo and a jack-o-lantern, which is another family tradition. The sunflower not only represents the farm, but also Jenny, her amazing, sweet, fun, daughter that she lost to cancer a few years back. The Superwoman logo is of course because she literally does it all. She has stepped into so many roles in her life out of necessity and has come out on top every time. She is simply the most amazing, classy farm girl I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

No comments: